Monday, May 16, 2011

Swapping Faces!

Humphrey Bogart's Face on Marilyn Monroe's Body


My Replica of Original Example


Blog Reflection Questions:
1. What do you think you were meant to learn in this unit and did it work?
I was meant to learn how to put someone's face over someone else's and make it look convincing, and I think it worked.

3. Did it turn out like you thought it would?
For the most part, yeah, except that I was having trouble with his chin...Humphrey Bogart has a dimpled chin and the way that I selected it from the original photo (with the pen tool) made it look like his chin had a triangle cut out. I tried to blend but oh well. The rest of it looks cool!

4. Did anything take longer than you thought it would?
It surprised me that the part that took the longest was finding faces to swap. I really wanted to swap some of my friend's faces, but with the varying sizes and picture quality and other stuff you get from, say, Facebook photos, it proved to be too difficult. It was easier once I decided I wanted it to be black and white so that I could play around with the grey and the skin tones/wrinkles since that wasn't a part of the tutorial.

5. What would you do differently if you did it again?
 I think I would definitely use a different tool from the start to select Humphrey's face because that triangle chin was killin' me. I would also spend more time Free Transforming to match up the face more precisely, and I would have spent more time shadowing the chin, but I'm pretty pleased with the overall effect.

11. How is this class going for you in general?
Right now, I'm super duper stressed out because I'm trying to graduate in less than two weeks. I like the Photoshop class but I'm feeling more and more like I won't be able to get everything done and that it's going to hold me back from graduating.

1 comment:

  1. you know, bogart isn't a bad-looking guy, but he looks terrible with that hair style, haha!

    this idea is awesome and genius. you achieved a really nice blend, too. oh, and i didn't even mention the chin until you said something.

    great job.

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete