Friday, May 20, 2011

Smoke

                                           My Replica of Original Example
My psychedelic smoke
My own creation

In this unit, I learned how to create smoke and add it to photographs. I didn't anticipate the difficulty of making it look like smoke once I pasted it onto a photograph...I had to adjust and re-distort, etc. to make it look more real. I didn't really know how it would turn out but I was satisfied with the result once I chose to make it sort-of a trippy background rather than an image. If I did it again I think I would try to have the psychedelic smoke coming out of my mouth, but I didn't feel like blending and making it look real because since my image was already in greyscale it was more logical to just use my regular smoke layer. I am most proud of the way that I originally did the psychedelic smoke. Overall, it was fun! 


1 comment:

  1. these are all good. the one of you is super cool and stylized. i think your background is an excellent choice in contrast to your black-and-white face. and the smoke looks very realistic. i also like the masking job you did around your own face -- very clean.

    great work, as always.

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete