Monday, May 2, 2011

Latin

Hey, World. And when I say World, I mean Ms. Banks, because chances are slim to none that anyone else will ever read this, or that I will think twice about it once I finish this. I know that I don't have to post, but it makes me feel better to have something up here before I do any projects. I've been sitting in class for the last long while trying to come up with a name for this blog, like it really matters. Of course I land just a step above "Untitled". I've also been looking up Latin phrases and insults, because I miss my Latin class and I thought I might find a good name from them. The phrases were all too long, but some of my favorites included:


  • Baby, Sweetheart, would I lie to you?
    Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?


  • I think some people in togas are plotting against me.
    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare
    • In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags. 
      • Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
        • If you can read this bumper sticker, you are both very well educated and much too close.
          • Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades
              • These bullet points and copy and paste are acting up, so I'm gonna leave the Latin phrases at that. Lizzie is sitting next to me telling me that I really don't have to get that into this blog or even write anything, but to that I say
                • Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione, which of course means "I'm not interested in your dopey religious cult." 

  • I inexplicably have the piano song (Rick and Ilsa's) from Casablanca stuck in my head.

    Okay. Time to move on.
    I will be back soon to post photos and reflection questions...

    Emailing link....now! 

1 comment: