Thursday, May 19, 2011

I am so grungy

Top: My replica of the original example
Bottom: My own "Pepper" Grunge

In this project, I learned how to make your picture look a little bit "grungy", although I definitely kept it classy. What you see above is not my original "Pepper" grunge piece...I was two seconds away from being done with the masterpiece that was the old one and I accidentally deleted it. I had spent all day (lunch+third block+ 3 hours after school) on it, so I just started freaking out and tried to do a really quick one that was similar. It didn't turn out like I thought it would, but I'm glad for that because it allowed me to give it an older feel with the color splotches and noise, etc. I am actually pretty proud of it because I cranked it out in 30 minutes after spending hours and hours on the first one. If I did it again, I would not delete it just before completion because that is a dumb thing to do. I would give this project a 10/10. When I first started it I was prepared to be super bored, but I definitely got creative with it. I would probably rate my creativity as a 9 or so on this particular project....I really enjoyed using Austin and Budapest as backgrounds, and I feel like it could almost be a postcard from the turn of the century from Pepper, France or something. 

1 comment:

  1. both very nice. i wouldn't change a thing.

    i'm so sorry you lost your first attempt. that's the worst!

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete