Thursday, May 19, 2011

Masking Fur

                                          My Kangaroo Ghost of Town Lake


                        My Replica of Original Example


I will now start answering my blog reflection questions in paragraph form rather than list form because at Gonzalo Garza Independence High School, we MIX. IT. UP. 


In this unit, I learned how to mask/add fur to animals when setting them on a different backdrop. I wasn't   expecting it to take such a short time to complete, but I'm happy with the final result because I felt more comfortable on my third project using Photoshop and made it a little more my own. If I did it again I would probably try to place the kangaroo more strategically. Secret: I only made him a ghost because he was already standing on the water and as far as I know, there are no living and breathing kangaroos that walk in Town Lake. I could be wrong. You never know. But I just played around with the opacity and color overlays a bunch to make it look ghostly. On a scale of 1-10, I'd probably give this project an 8 because there weren't that many steps and those meerkats seriously creeped me out. The class as of today is going well because soon I will have it triple-blocked or all day, allowing me to finish on time! Yay Pepper.
              

1 comment:

  1. wow, what an odd and terrifying monster. i never thought to be afraid of a kangaroo ghost at townlake, but now, i think i might.

    i really like your hair on the meerkat image. i think the kangaroo one is good, too, i just can't see it as well because it's smaller.

    very nice.

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete