Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pop Art!

                                                 My replica of original example


    "Lil' Poppies," starring Pepper and Scarlett!

In this unit, I learned how to make a normal picture look like super cool pop art, fifties and sixties style. I was definitely not expecting how difficult doing the lips would be, though; I had messed up and layered stuff in a weird way earlier so I didn't have a normal picture with which to fill in the lips, and I spent the most time on them. It actually turned out better than I thought it would. I am most proud of my color choices...I think I matched our skin tones pretty accurately and the shades of yellow and pink are just very happy. On a scale of one to ten, I give this project an absolute ten, and now I can give Scarlett a picture of us looking pop-arty! 


2 comments:

  1. both great images. the pepper/scarlett one is such a cool picture now! you should make it your profile pic. i like that you gave you and scarlett different skin tones, too -- it makes it more realistic and deliberate.

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete